Excellent prices, knowledge about our field combined with personal service and care for the customer is what give City Ladder its neighborhood feel. From its humble beginnings in a small garage manufacturing wooden ladders and cabinetry, the company has grown to be a leading distributor of ladders, scaffolding, truck boxes and racks, fall safety products as well as job site storage. Our buying power permits us to sell at the best possible prices.
City Ladder has been an integral part of the Paterson community for over a century. Frank Pepper started the business in 1907 as both a manufacturing facility and a wholesale division of quality ladders and scaffolding. When the business outgrew its location on Grand Street in Paterson, it moved to its current location 154 Getty Avenue. When aluminum ladders came into common use during the 1960s, Frank’s son, Stanley made the adjustment of doing less of the manufacturing on site. City Ladder began carrying Werner ladders and scaffolding, the brand they sell today.
City Ladder continues to be a family owned and operated business. Frank may be gone but his great grandson Steven is keeping it in the family by continuing providing great customer service with the best products available. He has grown the company to what it is today. City Ladder remains a staple in the same Paterson Community where it all began 108 years ago